The Artifact Blog
"Friday Fit" Vintage Style Video: February Recap
In January, we started a new series called "Friday Fit" where every week we feature ARTIFACT products with actual vintage apparel from my personal collection. I've collected vintage for decades and it has been the bedrock for my design language, particularly military, Ivy, workwear, and outdoor pieces. Below is a recap from February:
Friday Fit # 3 (Released February 3rd, 2023)
This look leans Ivy Style w/ our small batch handmade No.705 Field Bag - inspired by British game bags and the US WWII musette bag. Which piece makes this look for you?
Vintage Apparel Featured:
- Early 1960’s Vietnam poplin jungle jacket in 1st pattern (exposed buttons, epaulets, and side take-in tabs). Ghost stitch lines of prior Special Forces insignia.
- Early 2000’s US-made Brooks Brothers Oxford cloth button down
- 1970’s Levis single stitch 501 redline jeans
- Clarks suede desert boots
Friday Fit # 4 (Released February 10th, 2023)
Do you like 80’s vintage? Say yea or nay in the comments below.
For this week’s Friday Fit, we paired our ARTIFACT No.248 Crossbody / Tote Insert w/ the following pieces:
- 1980s Woolrich down puffer vest
- 1980s Champion reverse-weave crewneck sweatshirt. Note: no embroidered “C” on cuff. That came later in the 1990s
- 1980s BDU pants in woodland camo. These are the heavier weight, not the lighter rip-stop.
- ARTIFACT Knit Cap (offered in several colors). 100% Cotton.
- Jordan 1 “Lost and Found” reissues in 1985 Chicago colorway
Friday Fit # 5 (Released February 17th, 2023)
Welcome to Friday Fit #5, where this week we are pairing our No. 601 Zippered Tote in waxed canvas and harness leather with the following vintage pieces:
- 1950’s horsehide jacket. I know I called this 1930’s in the video but after we shot the video, I noticed it had a 50’s zipper. Oops.
- Circa 1990’s cotton skirt in a paisley pattern that reminded me of 19th Century Cowboy “turkey red” bandanas. Yahoo!
- 90’s / 00’s Frye engineer boots
Which piece stands out to you? Are you enjoying Friday Fit? Can you guess how many vintage bandanas I have?
Friday Fit # 6 (Released February 24th, 2023)
For this week’s FridayFit, we’re showcasing our No.44 Snap Wallet in bridle leather w/ wristlet and discussing how the inspiration for the design came from a WWII web “Carlisle” pouch used to hold field dressings.
• Original 1979-80 Fleetwood Mac raglan sleeve concert shirt
• WWII wool navy sailor pant
• Vintage Sperry CVO canvas topsiders