Thank you for your interest in a customized ARTIFACT apron. We offer the finest quality American-Made specialty aprons for: kitchens, gardens, workshops, grilling, kids, and more. Customize any of our apron styles to fit your specific needs.
Need To Know:
- Lead time is up to three weeks for a single customized apron. Potentially longer for a volume order
- Customized aprons are non-returnable / non-exchangeable
- We are not a manufacturer and do not offer unbranded / white label / OEM products
Below are examples of some apron customizations we can do. If you have an idea not listed below, ask us and we’ll let you know if it’s feasible.
Pricing: Base apron price plus each enhancement
- Additional Pocket + $20+
- Monogram (1-3 letters) + $20
- Pocket Flap (popular with woodworking / lathe turning) + $25
- Custom Pocket (for a specific tool, phone, etc) + $30+
- Lengthen apron + $30+
- Shorten apron + $20
- Hammer Loop + $25
- Towel Loop + $20
- Widen Bib + $25
- XXL+ Sizing + $50+
- Petite Sizing + $40
- Custom Logo (Embroidery) $25 digitization Plus $12+ per piece
- Custom Logo (Debossed Leather Tag) $40 die plus $2 per piece
- Custom Color (For 30+ aprons)
- Custom Print (For 50+ aprons)
To Proceed: Send us an email (header "Custom Apron") to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your Name
- Email to send an invoice to
- Shipping Address
- Apron Style (445H, 325Y), color, & size
- Customization(s) you are wanting
- Instagram handle (if applicable)
Curious why custom costs more?
We like to use the analogy of baking cookies, where it takes almost the same amount of time to set up and bake one cookie as it does to bake two dozen.
When we make stock aprons, we stack and cut material for 250+ aprons. Our pattern pieces get nested like Tetris to produce little (less than 4%) material waste. When we do a cut for a custom apron, we lose this efficiency.
Our stock aprons are sewn in batch, where each artisan works on 6-10 aprons in stages at one time. This creates a productive rhythm without feeling monotonous (studio vs factory). A custom apron is unfamiliar. It requires more time and consideration.
Correspondence & Lead Time
Handmade / small batch and e-commerce in an Amazon world are not a dovetail fit. Despite this, we’ve been able to hone our process to where orders for stock products are pulled, packaged, and shipped within 3 business days from our Omaha studio. Inevitably, there are more communication steps for a custom apron - to ensure a mutual understanding that what we are making for you is exactly what you are asking for.
Vetting a design for ergonomics, proportion, structural integrity, etc requires time and materials. When you design a product for a product line, design costs can be amortized by sales over time. With a custom / one-off piece design costs are always up front.